Event Phone: 08 8431 2111
- November 8, 2015
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
This workshop will equip you as an exercise and movement professional to:
- Understand the value and process of movement screening and assessment. The practical component of this workshop will teach you how to systematically screen for movement quality.
- Further assessments and corrective exercise strategies are taught in our Upper Body Function; and Lower Body Function workshops.
This is of utmost importance, not only due to its legal implications as a professional, but due to the well documented adaptations to ‘normal’ movement that occur due to prior injury and general client/patient history.
Ignoring such adaptations in the prescription of exercise programs can lead to decrease of the benefit of such exercise, and to the increase risk of future injury.
You will gain specific skills in
- systematically screening a client’s movement capacity and quality
- understanding how this can be directly related to past and present injury;
- a strategy to chose further assessments to get to the source of the dysfunction
- Using a paper based or electronic screening system
It is recommended (if possible, although certainly not essential) that you download and bring the software application MovementsScreen with you, which can be freely downloadable here
This workshop has been accredited by Fitness Australia for 7 Fitness Australia Continuing Education Credits (CECs) (You must be registered as a Personal Trainer to attain Fitness Australia CECs for this program).
The ESSA Professional Development Committee certifies that this Professional Development offering meets the criteria for 5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points
Venue: Metro Hotel Perth
Venue Phone: 8 93676122