Event Phone: 08 8431 2111
- March 6, 2016
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Understand the value and process of movement screening and assessment. The practical component of this workshop will teach you how to systematically screen and assess movement quality.
This is of utmost importance, not only due to its legal implications as a professional, but due to the well documented adaptations to ‘normal’ movement that occur due prior injury and general client/patient history.
Ignoring such adaptations in the prescription of exercise programs can lead to a decrease in the benefit of such exercise, and to the increased risk of future injury.
You will gain specific skills in
- a broad range of movement assessment techniques to gain deep understanding of how clients are currently able to move
- understanding how this can be related to past and present injury;
- a strategy to chose further assessments to get to the source of the dysfunction;
- Using paper based or electronic screening systems
It is recommended (if possible, although certainly not essential) that you download and bring the software application MovementsScreen with you, which can be freely downloadable here
This workshop has been accredited by Fitness Australia for 7 Fitness Australia Continuing Education Credits (CECs) (You must be registered as a Personal Trainer to attain Fitness Australia CECs for this program).